Buying a home can be an exciting endeavor. However, owning a home comes with big responsibilities, like knowing when your house needs new plumbing in Monroe.
On average, a home’s plumbing can last upwards of 40 years, depending on the use, maintenance, and materials used to make the pipes. In some cases, plumbing made from technologically advanced PVC could last for 70 years, but that’s for newer homes made in the last decade because advanced PVC has been the go-to.
Here are some signs that your plumbing might need to be replaced:
- Weird clanging or banging sounds coming from the faucets and drains.
- Unpleasant smells coming from the drains or yard.
- Sluggish or slow drains or obvious clogs that never seem to clear.
- Water spots on the walls or ceilings.
- Low water pressure that doesn’t increase after a few minutes of running water.
- Flickering water that shoots out then trickles from faucets.
- Standing water or flooding in areas of your yard or basement.
How Often Should Home Plumbing Be Checked?
On average, newer home plumbing is more durable than older home plumbing. Hence, newer homes can be checked once every two years, while older homes’ plumbing should be checked annually. These thorough inspections will ensure that your house’s plumbing is kept well-maintained and up to date.
Contact Us at Campbell’s Quality Plumbing!
Campbell’s Quality Plumbing operates on integrity and knowledge. We have the experience and training required to diagnose and fix your plumbing needs. Our professionals are also well-equipped to handle things like burst pipes or new plumbing in Monroe. You can call us at (425) 385-0315 to schedule an appointment today!