You take a shower and turn on the hot water, and all is as it should be. You don’t give it a second thought. The same process occurs throughout the day when you do dishes, run the washing machine, or do any number of tasks involving hot water. Most of us do not sit around wondering if our water heater is going to work today. But, maybe one day, you notice the water is not as hot as it normally is or looks slightly dirty. Something is going on, and Campbell’s Quality Plumbing can help determine the issue. We service and repair hot water heaters in Bothell homes, so give us a call today!
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repairing or Replacement
One obvious sign that something is not right is what it looks like straight out of the faucet. It should be clear. Over time, the bottom of the tank can develop mineral and sediment buildup. Your water may look rusty, smell bad, and have a metallic taste. Other common signs are:
- Temperature Problems – If your shower goes from hot to cold and back to hot again without you touching anything, your heater may be on the fritz.
- Leaks – Do you find puddles around your water heater? Never ignore it if you do. Call us right away before that little leak turns into a full-blown flood situation.
- Waiting – Does it take forever for your water to heat? Several things can cause this, such as the thermostat.
- Noises – When the water heater fires up, you may hear some noise, but you typically shouldn’t hear knocking, rattling, or other strange noises.
- Old Age – Nothing lasts forever, and if your water heater is between ten and fifteen years old, it may be time to replace it.