Toilet trouble is no fun. Anyone can get a backed-up toilet from time to time or replace a minor part, but it is annoying when the issues keep occurring. How do you know whether or not you should keep repairing it or if it needs to be replaced? Campbell’s Quality Plumbing deals with toilets in Brier every day. We have some tips that can help you decide which you should do, including:
- Age of the Tank – Older toilets are not as efficient as newer models. If your toilet has some years on it, like 15 – 20 of them, you might want to upgrade. It can save water and money.
- Leaking Toilet – Leaks from the toilet are not always obvious. If the leak is underneath, it could be damaging flooring and ceilings below. If you see an unexplained increase in your water bill, you may have a leak. Older tanks with leaks should be replaced.
- Cracked Tank – Depending on where the crack is, a repair may be possible. If the tank needs replaced, most folks get a new toilet.
- Toilet Constantly Running – If your toilet doesn’t stop running after you flush it, it is wasting water. This is usually a flapper problem. It is not typically a reason to replace the toilet.
- Toilet Won’t Flush – If the toilet doesn’t flush, you can’t get rid of the clog, and jiggly the handle doesn’t help., you need a new toilet.
Thankfully commodes are reasonably priced today. Campbell’s Quality Plumping installs toilets in Brier all the time, and we would be glad to install a new one for you. If your toilet needs repairs, we can do that too. Give us a call at (425) 385-0315. for all your plumbing needs.